- a new business owner?
- in the dark about what you need to do in forming your new business?
Over the next few weeks we will take a look at some small business start up issues and resources. Depending on the nature of your business and its location, some things may or may not apply to you. A few documents you can obtain and even prepare on your own, and others, you may want to consider hiring a lawyer to help with. Legal documents should be prepared carefully.
For starters, here is a short list of some business filings you can do yourself:
- Federal Taxpayer Identification
- Application for employer taxpayer identification number (IRS Form SS‑4)
- Fictitious Business Name Filing
- City Licenses and Registrations
- Various forms available from city business license office
- Registration to Do Business in [YOUR State] for Foreign Entities
- Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation
- Registration of Foreign Limited Partnership
- Application for Registration
- Business Property Tax
- Business personal property registration and return—county tax assessor
For more information on what you need to do as a Small Business Start up, feel free to contact me for a consultation. I can be reached at Francine Ward Attorney or firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to join my Facebook Fan Page for conversation.