Are YOU:

  • a new business owner?
  • in the dark about what you need to do in forming your new business?

Over the next few weeks we will take a look at some small business start up issues and resources. Depending on the nature of your business and its location, some things may or may not apply to you.  A few documents you can obtain and even prepare on your own, and others, you may want to consider hiring a lawyer to help with. Legal documents should be prepared carefully.

Small Business Start up

Small Business Start up

For starters, here is a short list of some business filings you can do yourself:

  • Federal Taxpayer Identification
    • Application for employer taxpayer identification number (IRS Form SS‑4)
  • Fictitious Business Name Filing
  • City Licenses and Registrations
    • Various forms available from city business license office
  • Registration to Do Business in [YOUR State] for Foreign Entities
    • Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation
    • Registration of Foreign Limited Partnership
    • Application for Registration
  • Business Property Tax
    • Business personal property registration and return—county tax assessor

For more information on what you need to do as a Small Business Start up, feel free to contact me for a consultation. I can be reached at Francine Ward Attorney or info@fwardlawyer.com. Feel free to join my Facebook Fan Page for conversation.

Skip to content