Season of Thanksgiving. Gratitude is a Verb.
Often people think the only time to be grateful is on Thanksgiving. That is not true. The Season of Thanksgiving is everyday. How do you get started on this journey of acknowledging and appreciating the gifts you’ve been given? That you have food to eat, that you are in control of your faculties (most of the time), for the people who have been there for you, and so much more. The first step is to cultivate an attitude of gratitude in which you CHOOSE to see the gifts. The second step is to say “thank you” every chance you get. Being grateful doesn’t mean you must always be happy and walk around with a smile on your face. It means that you make an effort to acknowledge what you have been given. Gratitude lifts the spirit, opens the heart, and nourishes the soul.
Season of Thanksgiving is Everyday. What’s on YOUR Gratitude List?
Every week I write a gratitude list. There are days when it’s so easy to come up with the things I’m grateful for that my pen glides across the paper or my fingers dance over the keyboard. Then there are those days when I can’t think of anything to be thankful for. It’s not that there isn’t anything for me to be thankful for; I just can’t – or more honestly, choose not to – see anything. Perhaps it’s because I am angry or hurt or disappointed at the moment, so all I can see is the glass half empty.
But then I put the pen to the paper, and just do it! Amazingly, once I begin to write, more things are revealed.
What are you grateful for?
Today I invite you to think of something that happened within the last twenty-four hours that you’re grateful for. If you can’t think of anything, extend your net a little wider to include the last week, month or year. Consider also looking beyond the obvious. Perhaps the answer might be something you’d never think about, like being able to see, being able to walk, having a job, or not having a job so you have time to do what you want.
Until next time, I’m Attorney Francine Ward helping you protect what’s yours. Join my conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or in one of my LinkedIn groups, Google+ Circles.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- How to Survive InflationSurviving High Inflation How to Survive Inflation. With inflation at a forty-year high, the rising cost of living is affecting everyone. While you may feel some distress as you watch […]
- Contract MistakesContract Mistakes Contract Mistakes. No Written Agreement.Probably the number one contract mistake people make is not having written agreements with everyone they do business with. I am always amazed by […]
- 31 Days of Estate PlanningEstate Planning Blogs Estate Planning Blogs. Have you ever wished there was one location to find basic information about estate planning? One location where you could get some definitions for […]
- Trust Mill ScamsDo You Really Want to Work? Five years ago, people complained they couldn’t find work. Today, there are so many jobs available, and no one wants to work. Instead, robbers, […]
- Probate Process — Basic StepsProbate Process Probate process basic steps. When someone passes away, their estate is generally required to go through probate unless there was a valid trust in place. It is a […]