Here’s to a Wonderful Mother’s Day.
With so much to be grateful for on this and every day, here is my short list:
- That I have a cup that runneth over.
- For a mother that I truly love.
- That while now a widow of 5 months, I am grateful for the 23 years I had with my husband.
- That I live in a beautiful desert community.
- For good friends, wonderful mentors, and amazing mentees
- For my openness to new friends I’ve yet to meet.
- That I still love working and not ready to retire.
- That I have a brain and I’m willing to use it.
- My 3 beautiful cats: Kiwi, Richie, and Howie.
- 40-years of a changed life.
- The ability to think for myself.
- The willingness to take a stand for things I believe in.
- That I GET to be of service everyday, in some way
- A healthy body at 67.
- An amazing zest for life.
- That I have a genuine interest in people, places, and things.
- A willingness to do things that frighten and challenge me.
- That I have a lovely roof over my head and plenty of food to eat.
- That I can experience all 5 of my senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste
- And so much more…
As I started, I want to end with being thankful for my mom. I am grateful for the sweet relationship I have with my mother. For years I did not appreciate her, and in fact, I took her for granted. My teenage/adolescent anger festered and grew to the point it infected every relationship it had.
Always standing between me and anyone else was my mother’s voice. While it took me a number of years to learn, today I realize that until there was healing between my mother and me, there would be no peace and no healthy relationship with any other person.
I am so grateful that I LOVE my mother! Today, she is one of my best friends. Lucky me!
Interested in joining my conversation about moms, your meaning of Mother’s Day, gratitude, or any other relevant topic. Esteemable Acts fan Page, Esteemable Acts website, or join a LinkedIn discussion on my group’s page.
Until next time, I’m Francine Ward helping you create a better life experience.
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Season of Thanksgiving.Season of Thanksgiving. Gratitude is a Verb. Often people think the only time to be grateful is on Thanksgiving. That is not true. The Season of Thanksgiving is everyday. How […]
- Giving.Giving. Ebb and Flow of Creation. Did you know that one of the oldest, time-tested methods to bring things into your life (receiving), is by giving. Yes, it’s true. Our […]
- Special Needs Child or GrandchildAll children are a blessing. From the day they are born, you begin making plans to ensure their future. What will their interests be? What job will they have? Who […]
- Never Stop Trying | Wealth Counsel Trailblazer AwardI’m not one to self-promote. I strive daily to help others – that’s what makes life meaningful to me. I considered my day significant and complete when I am helping […]
- Dead or Alive: The InternetI’m not into conspiracy theories, but this one is worth the read. As an Intellectual Property lawyer, I’m always keeping an eye on the evolution of Artificial Intelligence and how […]