Here’s to a Wonderful Mother’s Day.
With so much to be grateful for on this and every day, here is my short list:
- That I have a cup that runneth over.
- For a mother that I truly love.
- That while now a widow of 5 months, I am grateful for the 23 years I had with my husband.
- That I live in a beautiful desert community.
- For good friends, wonderful mentors, and amazing mentees
- For my openness to new friends I’ve yet to meet.
- That I still love working and not ready to retire.
- That I have a brain and I’m willing to use it.
- My 3 beautiful cats: Kiwi, Richie, and Howie.
- 40-years of a changed life.
- The ability to think for myself.
- The willingness to take a stand for things I believe in.
- That I GET to be of service everyday, in some way
- A healthy body at 67.
- An amazing zest for life.
- That I have a genuine interest in people, places, and things.
- A willingness to do things that frighten and challenge me.
- That I have a lovely roof over my head and plenty of food to eat.
- That I can experience all 5 of my senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste
- And so much more…
As I started, I want to end with being thankful for my mom. I am grateful for the sweet relationship I have with my mother. For years I did not appreciate her, and in fact, I took her for granted. My teenage/adolescent anger festered and grew to the point it infected every relationship it had.
Always standing between me and anyone else was my mother’s voice. While it took me a number of years to learn, today I realize that until there was healing between my mother and me, there would be no peace and no healthy relationship with any other person.
I am so grateful that I LOVE my mother! Today, she is one of my best friends. Lucky me!
Interested in joining my conversation about moms, your meaning of Mother’s Day, gratitude, or any other relevant topic. Esteemable Acts fan Page, Esteemable Acts website, or join a LinkedIn discussion on my group’s page.
Until next time, I’m Francine Ward helping you create a better life experience.
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Common Contract MistakesHow we use Contracts. Common Mistakes relating to contracts. Not only are contracts an important part of doing business, they are an important part of everyday life. In this post, […]
- Timeshare in a TrustShould You Leave Your Timeshare in Your Trust? Timeshare in a trust. Do you own a timeshare? Over the past few decades owning a timeshare has become a popular investment. […]
- Capital Gains. What is Capital Gains?What is Capital Gains? This post will provide a Capital Gains 101 overview. There are many special rules that apply to how you acquire your capital assets, how long you […]
- Do Domestic Partners Have Legal Rights?Do domestic partners have legal rights? Sadly, very few to no rights as compared to married couples when it comes to estate planning.
- Personal InventoryIt’s an esteemable act to see yourself clearly. It’s easy to be grateful when you receive compliments because they validate who we are and who we want to be. Positive […]