CoVID-19. Coronavirus. The flu-like virus that no one quite expected to take over the Spring of 2020. It started in China, and now it’s taking America to the societal cleaners. Streets are bare. Grocery stores have been wiped out. Basketball season has been canceled. So, what now?
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the most effective way to prevent the spread of illness is to avoid close contact with people who are sick. Practice healthy hygiene habits; wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, eyes, and nose.
Probably one of the most important factors is to recognize whether or not you are a high-risk candidate for the virus. If you are high-risk, which includes adults over the age of 60, persons with an auto-immune disease, or those with chronic heart or lung disorders, you should take extra precaution in regards to the coronavirus. A comprehensive list of precautionary measures and updates on COVID-19 can be found here.
If you run a business, OSHA has also put together a publication of best practices to prepare your workplace for the threat of CoVID-19. Obviously, implementing a remote-work policy takes the most precaution, but if you can’t do that, be sure to limit travel and non-essential meetings, maintain high hygiene standards, and consider planning for long-term impact.
I’m Francine D. Ward, attorney, author, and inspirational speaker – looking out for YOU. Be sure to subscribe to my blog to get the latest news on legal resources and weekly thoughts on self-esteem.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Book Contracts: How to Get PublishedIf you find a publisher without an agent, have a book attorney or book lawyer review the agreement BEFORE you sign it … Leverage is the key to getting what … Read more
- Online Wills and TrustsSomething new on the market that has constantly come up due to the fear of CoVID-19 is the legality of online wills, whether on a web site or on a … Read more
- CoVID-19 Virus. Esteemable ActsRight now, we are living in desperate times. The CoVID-19 virus has hit our nation hard. Schools are shutting down, layoffs are happening, and the future is starting to seem … Read more
- CoVID-19CoVID-19. Coronavirus. The flu-like virus that no one quite expected to take over the Spring of 2020. It started in China, and now it's taking America to the societal cleaners. … Read more
- False AdvertisingThe general rule of law advertising law under the Lanham Act provides that, to establish a claim for false advertisement, a plaintiff (the one filing the lawsuit) must show that … Read more