CoVID-19. Coronavirus. The flu-like virus that no one quite expected to take over the Spring of 2020. It started in China, and now it’s taking America to the societal cleaners. Streets are bare. Grocery stores have been wiped out. Basketball season has been canceled. So, what now?
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the most effective way to prevent the spread of illness is to avoid close contact with people who are sick. Practice healthy hygiene habits; wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, eyes, and nose.
Probably one of the most important factors is to recognize whether or not you are a high-risk candidate for the virus. If you are high-risk, which includes adults over the age of 60, persons with an auto-immune disease, or those with chronic heart or lung disorders, you should take extra precaution in regards to the coronavirus. A comprehensive list of precautionary measures and updates on COVID-19 can be found here.
If you run a business, OSHA has also put together a publication of best practices to prepare your workplace for the threat of CoVID-19. Obviously, implementing a remote-work policy takes the most precaution, but if you can’t do that, be sure to limit travel and non-essential meetings, maintain high hygiene standards, and consider planning for long-term impact.
I’m Francine D. Ward, attorney, author, and inspirational speaker – looking out for YOU. Be sure to subscribe to my blog to get the latest news on legal resources and weekly thoughts on self-esteem.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Right of Publicity: Avoid Being Sued!Right of Publicity – Have you ever thought about using a living or dead person’s name, image, photograph, or likeness on your website, or in your book, song, or play? […]
- Thought You’d Like To See This: IRAs and Roth IRAsIndividual retirement accounts—whether in the traditional IRA or Roth IRA guise–are some of the most powerful retirement savings tools available to individuals. They offer the opportunity to plan and save for future […]
- Ethical AIGoogle. Ethics. Artificial Intelligence. Ethical AI. Yes, that’s right. An article on something other than COVID-19. Because while this year has been passing us by, life is still being lived, […]
- Thought You’d Like to See This: COVID-19 ChallengesCOVID-19 health challenges and accompanying anxieties are sweeping through the country. It makes sense. The disease is highly contagious, the symptoms can be disabling and the risk of death for those who […]
- Amazon Fights Knockoff ProductsEveryone loves a good dupe. Why pay $45 for that foundation when you can head to the drugstore and get something similar for $10? But what happens when the knockoffs […]