I often hear small business owners and entrepreneurs say they don’t have time to read because they have so many other commitments. I believe that’s a mistake. Tending to our craft is akin to watering our garden. And, I believe a mind is a terrible thing to waste. With so many incredible technological options for consuming information, we have choices.
Recently I was asked what magazines, newspapers, programming, and other information sources I use to support my business and mind. I read a variety of periodicals for my professional & personal development needs, which include legal, business, and coaching. The following are among what I find most useful each month:
1. An assortment of legal periodicals, books, and websites to stay on top of my craft as an IP business lawyer;
2. Non-legal include: Fortune, FORBES, PINK, Executive Summaries, CHOICE, & SPEAKER;
3. Relevant Webinars & Telecourses;
4. GOOGLE Alerts and blogs daily for topical information;
5. Crossword Puzzle books to keep my mind sharp and alert;
6. O-Magazine, MORE, and Real Simple for my personal development.
You might think, “My God, when does she have time to work?” My answer to that is when I’m tending to the critical aspects of my life (strengthening my mind, my body, and my spirit), I can do so much more, so much better. It’s incredible how that works.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- How to Survive InflationSurviving High Inflation How to Survive Inflation. With inflation at a forty-year high, the rising cost of living is affecting everyone. While you may feel some distress as you watch […]
- Contract MistakesContract Mistakes Contract Mistakes. No Written Agreement.Probably the number one contract mistake people make is not having written agreements with everyone they do business with. I am always amazed by […]
- 31 Days of Estate PlanningEstate Planning Blogs Estate Planning Blogs. Have you ever wished there was one location to find basic information about estate planning? One location where you could get some definitions for […]
- Trust Mill ScamsDo You Really Want to Work? Five years ago, people complained they couldn’t find work. Today, there are so many jobs available, and no one wants to work. Instead, robbers, […]
- Probate Process — Basic StepsProbate Process Probate process basic steps. When someone passes away, their estate is generally required to go through probate unless there was a valid trust in place. It is a […]