It’s a new year. It’s a new day. Start with a new attitude.
Let it begin with YOU.
It’s easy to sit and wait for something to happen. It’s easy to sit and wait for someone to decide what your next step should be. It’s easy to interpret the concept of “let go and let God” to mean that you play no active role in your life.
If that’s your way of being, consider a new and different approach this year.
Why not subscribe to the belief that “Faith without works is dead.” Why not start this year by taking control of your choices, your decisions, and your life? Why not make this THE YEAR where you become an active participant in the creation of your own future?
Insanity is walking around, doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. The easy way out will always be to find some viable excuse for the hardships in our lives. Taking the hard way, however, is a confidence-boosting action that teaches you courage and gives you the momentum of an overcomer.
Many times, we fail to break the cycle of our wrong mentality by constantly attributing blame to others. Allowing others to control the trajectory of your life creates a victim scenario. When we don’t like what others have brought to the table, then it’s easy to feel like a victim.
So whether it’s your home life, or even at work, remember that your decisions – backed by grace – are what truly set you free and set you on a path to moving upward.
Let 2020 be the year of new beginnings and let it begin with You!
Francine D. Ward
Book Francine as a motivational speaker at your next event!
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Katy Perry Rides a Dark Horse into the Courtroom – And WINSKaty Perry had a GREAT year, despite the masks and quarantine. In late March 2020, Perry got the final verdict on a month-long case – a victory of $2.8 million […]
- Thought You’d Like To See This: SEP or SIMPLE?SEP IRA or SIMPLE IRA? My entrepreneurial clients are full of questions related to taxes. The most common one that I get is this: Is there something I can spend money […]
- The Law is NOT Fair to Fashion DesignersThe Law is NOT Fair to Fashion Designers.Sometimes justice is served—the guilty and/or liable party is made to pay for the wrongs they’ve done. And sometimes, the law is just […]
- Joint Ownership: Rules of the RoadAre you thinking about writing a book, creating materials for a presentation, or writing a song with another person? If so, you may want to read this first. Many people […]
- Right of Publicity: Avoid Being Sued!Right of Publicity – Have you ever thought about using a living or dead person’s name, image, photograph, or likeness on your website, or in your book, song, or play? […]