It’s a new year. It’s a new day. Start with a new attitude.
Let it begin with YOU.
It’s easy to sit and wait for something to happen. It’s easy to sit and wait for someone to decide what your next step should be. It’s easy to interpret the concept of “let go and let God” to mean that you play no active role in your life.
If that’s your way of being, consider a new and different approach this year.
Why not subscribe to the belief that “Faith without works is dead.” Why not start this year by taking control of your choices, your decisions, and your life? Why not make this THE YEAR where you become an active participant in the creation of your own future?
Insanity is walking around, doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. The easy way out will always be to find some viable excuse for the hardships in our lives. Taking the hard way, however, is a confidence-boosting action that teaches you courage and gives you the momentum of an overcomer.
Many times, we fail to break the cycle of our wrong mentality by constantly attributing blame to others. Allowing others to control the trajectory of your life creates a victim scenario. When we don’t like what others have brought to the table, then it’s easy to feel like a victim.
So whether it’s your home life, or even at work, remember that your decisions – backed by grace – are what truly set you free and set you on a path to moving upward.
Let 2020 be the year of new beginnings and let it begin with You!
Francine D. Ward
Book Francine as a motivational speaker at your next event!
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Be StillFor many years, I diligently and faithfully read my daily meditations. I took my time while reading and digesting every single word, … But over the years, I became lazy … Read more
- Online ReputationEvery day, at least one of my clients comes to me wanting to know how to handle bad things said about them online—reputation management. You have several choices as to … Read more
- Great Leaders Take Responsibility for Their ActionsA good leader uses failure as a teaching tool. How? When we learn to use our failures as stepping stones to our successes, we are building our self-esteem through overcoming … Read more
- CyberbullyingCyberbullying has become a serious and dangerous trend. No longer just on the playground (although I'm not sure why we tolerated it there), but now it takes place in your … Read more
- Body Image. Mental HealthBody Image and Mental Health It’s a week into February. That’s about the time the gym starts emptying and people start pretending like they never made New Year’s resolutions at … Read more