Here’s to a Wonderful Mother’s Day.
With so much to be grateful for on this and every day, here is my short list:
- That I have a cup that runneth over.
- For a mother that I truly love.
- That while now a widow of 5 months, I am grateful for the 23 years I had with my husband.
- That I live in a beautiful desert community.
- For good friends, wonderful mentors, and amazing mentees
- For my openness to new friends I’ve yet to meet.
- That I still love working and not ready to retire.
- That I have a brain and I’m willing to use it.
- My 3 beautiful cats: Kiwi, Richie, and Howie.
- 40-years of a changed life.
- The ability to think for myself.
- The willingness to take a stand for things I believe in.
- That I GET to be of service everyday, in some way
- A healthy body at 67.
- An amazing zest for life.
- That I have a genuine interest in people, places, and things.
- A willingness to do things that frighten and challenge me.
- That I have a lovely roof over my head and plenty of food to eat.
- That I can experience all 5 of my senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste
- And so much more…
As I started, I want to end with being thankful for my mom. I am grateful for the sweet relationship I have with my mother. For years I did not appreciate her, and in fact, I took her for granted. My teenage/adolescent anger festered and grew to the point it infected every relationship it had.
Always standing between me and anyone else was my mother’s voice. While it took me a number of years to learn, today I realize that until there was healing between my mother and me, there would be no peace and no healthy relationship with any other person.
I am so grateful that I LOVE my mother! Today, she is one of my best friends. Lucky me!
Interested in joining my conversation about moms, your meaning of Mother’s Day, gratitude, or any other relevant topic. Esteemable Acts fan Page, Esteemable Acts website, or join a LinkedIn discussion on my group’s page.
Until next time, I’m Francine Ward helping you create a better life experience.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Pandemic PropertyAs a follow-up to my latest blog on COVID-19 trademark applications, I want to talk about why intellectual property (IP) is so important during this pandemic. Amidst the widespread economic […]
- COVID Trademarks Are the New Toilet PaperToilet Paper and Trademarks. What do these items have in common? Well, in recent times, they are both items that have become hot commodities during the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s […]
- Legal Copyright Infringement: Avoid Breaking the LawLegal Copyright Infringement is honestly an oxymoron- if it qualifies as Copyright Infringement, then it is, by definition, illegal. This being said sometimes it’s hard to know where the gray area of legal vs. illegal starts.
- Get Prepared WebinarIs anyone ever truly prepared for the passing of a loved one? My husband Richard Lipfield recently passed away from cancer. He was only 78 years old. First diagnosed in […]
- CoVID-19 and Intellectual PropertyIt’s encouraging to witness a world agency recognizing a need and collaborating with creators and researchers alike to lay down competition and cost in order to fight a global pandemic.