Here’s to a Wonderful Mother’s Day.
With so much to be grateful for on this and every day, here is my short list:
- That I have a cup that runneth over.
- For a mother that I truly love.
- That while now a widow of 5 months, I am grateful for the 23 years I had with my husband.
- That I live in a beautiful desert community.
- For good friends, wonderful mentors, and amazing mentees
- For my openness to new friends I’ve yet to meet.
- That I still love working and not ready to retire.
- That I have a brain and I’m willing to use it.
- My 3 beautiful cats: Kiwi, Richie, and Howie.
- 40-years of a changed life.
- The ability to think for myself.
- The willingness to take a stand for things I believe in.
- That I GET to be of service everyday, in some way
- A healthy body at 67.
- An amazing zest for life.
- That I have a genuine interest in people, places, and things.
- A willingness to do things that frighten and challenge me.
- That I have a lovely roof over my head and plenty of food to eat.
- That I can experience all 5 of my senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste
- And so much more…
As I started, I want to end with being thankful for my mom. I am grateful for the sweet relationship I have with my mother. For years I did not appreciate her, and in fact, I took her for granted. My teenage/adolescent anger festered and grew to the point it infected every relationship it had.
Always standing between me and anyone else was my mother’s voice. While it took me a number of years to learn, today I realize that until there was healing between my mother and me, there would be no peace and no healthy relationship with any other person.
I am so grateful that I LOVE my mother! Today, she is one of my best friends. Lucky me!
Interested in joining my conversation about moms, your meaning of Mother’s Day, gratitude, or any other relevant topic. Esteemable Acts fan Page, Esteemable Acts website, or join a LinkedIn discussion on my group’s page.
Until next time, I’m Francine Ward helping you create a better life experience.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Thought You’d Like To See This: SEP or SIMPLE?SEP IRA or SIMPLE IRA? My entrepreneurial clients are full of questions related to taxes. The most common one that I get is this: Is there something I can spend money […]
- The Law is NOT Fair to Fashion DesignersThe Law is NOT Fair to Fashion Designers.Sometimes justice is served—the guilty and/or liable party is made to pay for the wrongs they’ve done. And sometimes, the law is just […]
- Joint Ownership: Rules of the RoadAre you thinking about writing a book, creating materials for a presentation, or writing a song with another person? If so, you may want to read this first. Many people […]
- Right of Publicity: Avoid Being Sued!Right of Publicity – Have you ever thought about using a living or dead person’s name, image, photograph, or likeness on your website, or in your book, song, or play? […]
- Thought You’d Like To See This: IRAs and Roth IRAsIndividual retirement accounts—whether in the traditional IRA or Roth IRA guise–are some of the most powerful retirement savings tools available to individuals. They offer the opportunity to plan and save for future […]