Here’s to a Wonderful Mother’s Day.
With so much to be grateful for on this and every day, here is my short list:
- That I have a cup that runneth over.
- For a mother that I truly love.
- That while now a widow of 5 months, I am grateful for the 23 years I had with my husband.
- That I live in a beautiful desert community.
- For good friends, wonderful mentors, and amazing mentees
- For my openness to new friends I’ve yet to meet.
- That I still love working and not ready to retire.
- That I have a brain and I’m willing to use it.
- My 3 beautiful cats: Kiwi, Richie, and Howie.
- 40-years of a changed life.
- The ability to think for myself.
- The willingness to take a stand for things I believe in.
- That I GET to be of service everyday, in some way
- A healthy body at 67.
- An amazing zest for life.
- That I have a genuine interest in people, places, and things.
- A willingness to do things that frighten and challenge me.
- That I have a lovely roof over my head and plenty of food to eat.
- That I can experience all 5 of my senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste
- And so much more…
As I started, I want to end with being thankful for my mom. I am grateful for the sweet relationship I have with my mother. For years I did not appreciate her, and in fact, I took her for granted. My teenage/adolescent anger festered and grew to the point it infected every relationship it had.
Always standing between me and anyone else was my mother’s voice. While it took me a number of years to learn, today I realize that until there was healing between my mother and me, there would be no peace and no healthy relationship with any other person.
I am so grateful that I LOVE my mother! Today, she is one of my best friends. Lucky me!
Interested in joining my conversation about moms, your meaning of Mother’s Day, gratitude, or any other relevant topic. Esteemable Acts fan Page, Esteemable Acts website, or join a LinkedIn discussion on my group’s page.
Until next time, I’m Francine Ward helping you create a better life experience.
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Internet Crime. Earlier this year, the FBI released the Internet Crime Complaint Center 2020 Internet Crime Report (the “FBI Crime Report”), which included CoVID scam statistics. The FBI assessed 791,790 complaints of suspected […]
- Who Owns AI created content?Who owns AI created content? I have long thought that this is a battle of artificial intelligence (“AI”) waiting to be fought. A Pandora’s Box waiting to be opened, with […]
- Use of Images – Read the License CarefullyUse of images. Anyone who has a website knows that you need to keep your website visually interesting to get readers. One of the best ways to do this is […]
- Do You Need to Update Your Estate Plan?Absolutely! And Here’s Why You Should Update Your Estate Plan. It’s not realistic to think that a document you created years ago is still valid, especially in light of your […]
- Scams and Scammers – How Do You Know?Four Signs of Scams 1. Scams and Scammers PRETEND to be from an organization you know. Scammers often pretend to be contacting you on behalf of the government. They might […]