Here’s to a Wonderful Mother’s Day.
With so much to be grateful for on this and every day, here is my short list:
- That I have a cup that runneth over.
- For a mother that I truly love.
- That while now a widow of 5 months, I am grateful for the 23 years I had with my husband.
- That I live in a beautiful desert community.
- For good friends, wonderful mentors, and amazing mentees
- For my openness to new friends I’ve yet to meet.
- That I still love working and not ready to retire.
- That I have a brain and I’m willing to use it.
- My 3 beautiful cats: Kiwi, Richie, and Howie.
- 40-years of a changed life.
- The ability to think for myself.
- The willingness to take a stand for things I believe in.
- That I GET to be of service everyday, in some way
- A healthy body at 67.
- An amazing zest for life.
- That I have a genuine interest in people, places, and things.
- A willingness to do things that frighten and challenge me.
- That I have a lovely roof over my head and plenty of food to eat.
- That I can experience all 5 of my senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste
- And so much more…
As I started, I want to end with being thankful for my mom. I am grateful for the sweet relationship I have with my mother. For years I did not appreciate her, and in fact, I took her for granted. My teenage/adolescent anger festered and grew to the point it infected every relationship it had.
Always standing between me and anyone else was my mother’s voice. While it took me a number of years to learn, today I realize that until there was healing between my mother and me, there would be no peace and no healthy relationship with any other person.
I am so grateful that I LOVE my mother! Today, she is one of my best friends. Lucky me!
Interested in joining my conversation about moms, your meaning of Mother’s Day, gratitude, or any other relevant topic. Esteemable Acts fan Page, Esteemable Acts website, or join a LinkedIn discussion on my group’s page.
Until next time, I’m Francine Ward helping you create a better life experience.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Estate Documents – Time to Update?Are your estate documents stale? Are they still protecting you? Estate Documents and Income Tax?Make sure your estate documents are current. With the growing estate tax exclusion amount, this tax […]
- “Paying” with a Gift CardIs it safe? The FTC’s Consumer Protection Data Spotlight says that “gift card fraud” has topped the list since 2018 as the number one way people lose money to fraud. […]
- Case Dismissed – No COVID-19 Refunds from the MLBHow it Impacts Ticket Sales for Live Events COVID-19 has changed the way we do nearly everything, from the way we shop for groceries to the way we gather with […]
- Copyright Modernization ActUpdating the Copyright Office IT system to ease the process. In years past, the registration of a copyright was not necessarily difficult, but it was a very long process. While […]
- Who Needs A Copyright?When you need a copyright. Upon completion of an original creation, legally speaking, your work is protected by copyright. Copyright is a form of legal protection for original works, published […]