It can be hard to get motivated about your estate planning; it sounds about as fun as getting a root canal. However, you also probably want to make sure that your loved ones are protected and receive your hard-earned money and property – regardless of whether you have $10 million or $10,000.
Do not let these common roadblocks stop you from protecting yourself and your loved ones:
- Who Wants to Talk About Death? Discussions of death, dying, and illness – money and family – will and trusts – make many folks uncomfortable. Of course, that is normal. But, do not let a few minutes of feeling uncomfortable stop you from taking care of yourself and your loved ones.
- This Is Not a Good Time.Everyone is busy. We understand that, but there is never going to be a better time. Call our office, get on the calendar, and get it done. We are available for in-person and virtual appointments.
- I Do Not Get It. Familial details are discussed; diagrams are drawn; finances are discussed; the law is analyzed. It is common to feel uncomfortable in a world you are not familiar with. If that is what you are thinking, you are not alone. We will translate complex legal concepts into everyday layman’s terms for you, and ensure that you are comfortable with each step we take in your estate planning process.
The truth is that estate planning is not really that bad. In fact, with our help, estate planning is easy. We will talk with you about your goals and concerns, analyze your family and financial situation, and work with you to come up with a solid plan. You provide the information, which we always keep confidential, and we will take care of everything else.
There is no better time than today to start the estate planning process. Give me, Francine D. Ward, a call to schedule your in-person or virtual consultation.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- Thought You’d Like To See This: Health Savings Accounts (HSA)Health Savings Accounts (HSA): Many of my clients struggle with the high cost of health insurance coverage, particularly those who are still working full time. Comprehensive health insurance, whether purchased individually or […]
- 10 Types of Trusts: A Quick LookConsidering the myriad of trusts available, creating the right estate plan can seem daunting. However, that is what we, as estate planning attorneys, do every day. We know the laws and […]
- Thought You’d Like To See This: The End of 2020 Is Near2020: I do my best to meet with clients regularly. While I enjoy their company there is usually a professional agenda behind getting together. Often things have changed—either for the client or […]
- Wills vs. Trusts: A Quick & Simple Reference GuideWills vs. Trusts: Confused about the differences between a will and a trust? If so, you arenot alone. While it is always wise to contact experts like us, it is also […]
- Wills vs. Trusts: In Plain EnglishEveryone has heard of wills and trusts. Most articles written on these topics, however, often presume that everyone knows the basics of these important documents. But, in reality, many of […]