It can be hard to get motivated about your estate planning; it sounds about as fun as getting a root canal. However, you also probably want to make sure that your loved ones are protected and receive your hard-earned money and property – regardless of whether you have $10 million or $10,000.
Do not let these common roadblocks stop you from protecting yourself and your loved ones:
- Who Wants to Talk About Death? Discussions of death, dying, and illness – money and family – will and trusts – make many folks uncomfortable. Of course, that is normal. But, do not let a few minutes of feeling uncomfortable stop you from taking care of yourself and your loved ones.
- This Is Not a Good Time.Everyone is busy. We understand that, but there is never going to be a better time. Call our office, get on the calendar, and get it done. We are available for in-person and virtual appointments.
- I Do Not Get It. Familial details are discussed; diagrams are drawn; finances are discussed; the law is analyzed. It is common to feel uncomfortable in a world you are not familiar with. If that is what you are thinking, you are not alone. We will translate complex legal concepts into everyday layman’s terms for you, and ensure that you are comfortable with each step we take in your estate planning process.
The truth is that estate planning is not really that bad. In fact, with our help, estate planning is easy. We will talk with you about your goals and concerns, analyze your family and financial situation, and work with you to come up with a solid plan. You provide the information, which we always keep confidential, and we will take care of everything else.
There is no better time than today to start the estate planning process. Give me, Francine D. Ward, a call to schedule your in-person or virtual consultation.
Francine D. Ward
Attorney-At-Law, Author, Speaker
Don’t miss Francine’s Latest Blogs:
- ZOOM. Trademark RegistrationThe importance of registering your trademarks cannot be overstated. At a minimum, file an Intent to Use application, if you intend to use the trademark. But you should definitely file […]
- Unfounded Claims: How to Spot Fake COVID-19 Cures and Preventatives
- Annuity Tax Rules: A Great Tool.Annuity Tax Rules Have Never Been Better. Nonqualified deferred annuities (NQDAs) are an important financial tool for many clients. That being said, they do not offer the same tax-free death benefits […]
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)Health Savings Accounts (HSA): Many of my clients struggle with the high cost of health insurance coverage, particularly those who are still working full time. Comprehensive health insurance, whether purchased individually or […]
- 10 Types of Trusts: A Quick LookConsidering the myriad of trusts available, creating the right estate plan can seem daunting. However, that is what we, as estate planning attorneys, do every day. We know the laws and […]